Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Journey of My Life

Awaken from a strange dream, I got out of my bed.
Alone I walked, along the street.
Walking, though without direction, my steps took a definite path.

Strange it seemed, the neighbourhood looked different than I know it.
As I crossed the streets, I lost the acquaitance of my surroundings.
All I could see around, I simply call it 'Beautiful'.

Stranger it seemed, my feet never stopped to let my mind savour the beauty around.
There was a definite pull, I felt in my feet, to what lay ahead.
Every step of my unending journey leading to a more beautiful scenery,
I walked unaware of what lay ahead.

Gasped I was, as I turned to my right,
I witnessed the destination of my journey.
There lay ahead, a wonderful water body.

Must be created by a Master who never erred.
For It transcended all human imaginations.
A beautiful Lake at the end of a beautiful journey.

Behold! The Lake had no ripples!
Neither was my reflection seen in It!
Disturbed at this, I picked up a stone.
I rose above the foolish thought and let the stone go.

I pondered over the Lake with a calm mind.
It obliged and showed my reflection in It.
I still pondered over It.
It started to grow bigger untill I found myself in the Lake.
The Lake, now, touched the horizon but yet It continued to grow.

An unknown peace descended and gripped me.
I enjoyed every moment like the evening child on the beach.
The nectar of peace, I wished, it could be mine forever.

Alas! The disturbing selfish thought brought me back to the Lake's bank.
I retreated unable to ponder over It again.
I returned the next morning.

The longer I pondered over it, the longer I stayed in It.
The more I stayed in It, the greater was my wish to stay in It.
This journey of mine continued for days unknown,
Untill I finally realised that 'It' was my Consciouness.
Oh Yes, my Consciousness, the Lake within.

1 comment:

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hi ravi....

That shows the beauty of ur thoughts... :) it's simply mesmerizinn ...

keep uploadinn ur ideas... someday, they may becomes ideals... !!!

nice job ... :)