Wednesday, April 22, 2009

'I' am the Soul

If 'I' am the Soul, what need I have of the clothes.
Is not 'I' covered by the skin!

If 'I' am the Soul, what need I have of the food.
Did 'I' ever cry of hunger or celebrate after the sumptous feast?

If 'I' am the Soul, what need I have of the education.
What is that 'I' doesn't know about?

If 'I' am the Soul, what need I have to care about the good and the bad.
For when did 'I' learn to differentiate.

'I' am the Soul, 'I' am the Soul,
Dancing in the glory of Thy name,
Unmindul of all but Thee, but Thee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree with & loves every word written here.

The big picture is as you've put it brilliantly..tell me what prompted this post?
---------------------
Wud like to add a prayer that my soul sings...

Oh Lord, lead us from the unreal to the real;
from darkness to light
from death to immortality.

Courtesy : Mahatma Gandhi ..